Thursday, June 2, 2011

Here We Go Again!


(IF YOU ARE READING MY BLOG THROUGH FACEBOOK, PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK TO GO DIRECTLY TO MY BLOG (view original source), THERE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEE PICTURES, FORMATTING, ETC.)

Here we go again!  Yes, I am starting to diet and I know that I have made attempts in the past.  But I am going to move past that thought and focus on the diet at hand.

The Dukan Diet involves four phases.

  • Phase One: Attack (A 2 to 7 day period during which dramatic weight loss is achieved.)
  • Phase Two: Cruise (Eat as much as you want of 100 foods.  Alternating days of pure protein with days of protein plus healthful vegetables allows you to reach your weight loss goal.)
  • Phase Three: Consolidation (Stay on this phase for 5 days for every pound lost, adding fruits, bread, cheese, and other vegetables.)
  • Phase Four: Permanent Stabilization (Eat whatever you like without regaining weight, provided that you follow three unbreakable rules, including eating only unlimited lean protein one set day per week.)

So, I have begun day one of the Attack Phase and will be "attacking" for the next five days.  I will be recording my thoughts, feelings and results on a daily basis, so please stay tuned.

2 comments:

keri said...

I'm wondering if I would like this diet. I'll have to go check out the book and see! Thanks for sharing.

N2ATIVEONE said...

Keri, I know that you are quite active so that is a big plus for you.

I require a diet that is very strict because I tend to try to make exceptions and excuses for what I am eating. With this diet, it's cut and dry and does not leave room for cheating.

I will keep you posted on how things go.