Sunday, December 6, 2015

Movie Review: Before We Go


Adventures In Babysitting meets a love story...

Something told me, on this lazy Sunday, to see this movie.  While feeling down and blue and totally against love, you can imagine that a romance was the last thing I felt like seeing - but I couldn't stop myself.

I purchased the movie for $5.99 "On Demand" when I could have gotten dressed, got in the car, and picked it up from Redbox for $1.99.  Instead, I dragged myself out of bed, down the stairs, and hit a few buttons on the remote, cuddled up on the couch, and watched the movie.

So glad I did!  I really liked this movie and I LOVE Chris Evans.  It took awhile to get used to his "Movember" beard, but he can't help be adorable.  I secretly wished for someone to look at me the way he looked at this girl in the movie.  And the way he went out of his way to be her knight-in-shining-armor was heroic.  The girl, I did not recognize, and at first, I had decided I was not going to like her.  However, ten minutes in, I had changed my mind.  The two actors where great together and their characters shared some pretty life changing thoughts and decisions throughout the 8 hours they were together.

The ending was one which I love to hate.  I won't give away any spoilers, but let's just say, I would be happy to have such a wonderful experience as they had and to meet someone with whom I could have such a fun/loving connection with.  Nowadays, romance is gone and replaced with hook-up apps, text messages and ghosting. 

Here's to fairy-tales and holding out for the magic....

 

No comments: