Saturday, October 27, 2007

Living In The Past




I guess we are all accused of living in the past at some point in our lives. Well, why the heck would we NOT live in the past? The past is where everything has happened. It's where we have been hurt, learned about regret, had our hearts broken, made mistakes and lost trust. Our natural instinct is to protect ourself and put our guard up. And we learn from our mistakes and try not to make them again. I think that it is important to remember the past, but I guess the compromise, or the healthy way is to keep a handle on HOW much we think about the past. No one will ever move on with their life and learn to enjoy and live if they only look behind them. I must learn to keep all this in mind and allow things to happen and realize I cannot control the future, I can only hope for the best.

No comments: