Monday, April 5, 2010

Ripping My Heart Out

Last night, I sat with my kids to try to comfort them as they mourned the loss of their Grandpa, Larry. Their Grandpa was a special man who really knew how to make people laugh. He always had a smile on his face and was quite the character. He was a great Grandpa to his grand kids, as he taught them many things, including gardening. My kids grew up around their grandpa and saw him often, so his passing was pretty tough. And although I am no longer considered part of "that" side of the family, I too am mourning the loss of the man who was my second father for over 14 years. And even when things were tense, Larry always knew how to welcome me into his arms for a big, strong, bear hug. This was the first time my kids really had to deal with death of a family member, and to see them hurt so bad, it rips my heart out. I know the best thing is to remember all the good memories and to know that he is in a happy place, watching and protecting everyone. Rest in Peace, Larry.

1 comment:

*Lindsey* said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that! I'll be thinking about all of you!