Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Those Nasty Pet Peeves



Wikpedia describes a pet peeve as: complaints about specific behaviors, rather than general dissatisfaction.

On any given day, I can think of about a gazillion things that irk me. I know that I am not alone in having pet peeves, so I thought it would be fun to list some of mine and ask YOU to comment and ad to my list. So, here goes!


  1. People who tailgate (in the car, grocery store or at the mall) - "Just go around"
  2. Graffiti
  3. Litterbugs
  4. People who interrupt me (while I am talking to someone else)
  5. People who use the word "like" when they talk - "I know, I do it sometimes too, but it is annoying!"
  6. Solicitors - "Take me off of your call list - NOW!"
  7. The sound of people chewing
  8. No turn signal - "I know they gave you one with the car"
  9. Lost signal (in the middle of a phone conversation)
  10. People who curse
I KNOW you have some to add - so let's hear it......

7 comments:

*Lindsey* said...

OBAMA!!!!! Cant stand him!!!

Anne said...

Yes I have one pet peeve thats comes to mind this morning. When your standing right next to someone and they don't even say hello. It's so rude! It's 'like' (sorry, lol) didn't your mama teach you any manners when you were a kid. Cannot stand rude people! By the way, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment on the twice baked potatoes. Sorry I didn't respond sooner. "Like" (sorry, lol) your blog by the way!

N2ATIVEONE said...

Lindsey, I guess we know who you will be voting for - lol.

N2ATIVEONE said...

Peek-a-boo street: Good Morning! I agree with what you said, that is rude. Or how about when you walk toward someone and they can't even look at you to say "Hi"? I just checked out your page - the pictures are beautiful. Thanks for saying hi.

Raspberry Light Bulb said...

It drives me crazy to be sitting near someone that keeps bouncing their knee up and down. My husband does it a lot and I just want to strangle him! It reminds me of when I was in school and the people sitting in the desk behind you would put their feet on the rack under your seat and bounce. Uggh I actually slapped a guy in class for that once. LOL Am I the only person this annoys?

Raspberry Light Bulb said...

I'm with you on that one "the tiemans."

N2ATIVEONE said...

Raspberry Light-Bulb,

You actually slapped someone? Remind me not to sit next to you if I REALLY have to go to the bathroom. (tee-hee)

Thanks for commenting, good to see you.