Friday, December 26, 2008

Plyometrics Workout

I was browsing through a Yahoo Health article called Terrific Toners In Less Time, written by Lucy Danziger and found a great video that gives examples of Plyometric exercises. The video is from Self.com, here is the link: Plyometrics Workout

This workout looks fun and is a great way to melt fat and burn calories through jumping and hopping. They are good because they torch a lot of calories and are considered cardio, so you can do them in place of other cardio activities.


I am not a workout type of a person because I get bored pretty easily and lose motivation. However, these exercises look fun and seem to get your heart rate up pretty easy. I will try them tonight and hope that I look as cute as the perky girl in the video - lol.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're right,they do look fun, but have to work up to that kind of energy first. of course it's the new year and everyone is making resolutions, not me, to get in shape. i've been trying to get in shape for the last 10 years? really, i'm going to try harder in 09!

N2ATIVEONE said...

Natural,

Thanks for stopping by. I REALLY need to do something, and soon. I am tipping the scale with the most I have ever weighed which is about 25 pounds too much. I say this as I am eating some chocolate cream pie - lol.

Vered said...

Good luck! Let us know how you did. The only way to stick with exercise is to either make it fun, or be REALLY good about visualizing the end results. :)

N2ATIVEONE said...

Thanks, Vered. I know that the end result is what I really want, so I need to keep it in my head ALWAYS.

I will keep you posted.

Sedona said...

Good luck mom I enjoy being your exsersize buddy keep up the good work :)

-love Dona

N2ATIVEONE said...

Dona,
Thank you sweetie! It is really nice to have a workout buddy. I miss you when you are gone :(