Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I Need A Break


I began writing this blog because I needed an outlet for my thoughts and I wanted to write. I did not do it to make money, as you will see, I have no ads on my blog. Along my journey with Thoughts, I discovered that it was exciting to be in the blogging community and to have people from all over the world stumble on to my blog. My readership began to grow and I started spending a lot of time visiting other blogs and meeting some new people. I have enjoyed this. With all of the discoveries, the biggest thing I have learned is that to have a successful blog takes time and energy and lots of networking. The reason I started my blog slipped away and it turned into a goal to have lots of readers, instead of just to be fun.

I am in a place now where I need to focus on myself and I need to take a break from the computer. I spend 8 hours a day at work on the computer and then I come home and spend time on the computer. I know it's not healthy and I need to start focusing on exercise and getting into better shape.

So, with that, I want to thank all of my loyal readers and ask for your understanding and your support. I will eventually blog again, I am sure. But for now, wish me luck in my journey to self-improvement.

Take care,
Danifer

10 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

I totally understand!

I've felt like this myself sometimes.

Take care.

Dorsey said...

Be well and take some time for yourself. I know what you mean though. I was centered on having big follower numbers once, but now I'm back to just having fun with it!

Tess said...

I hope you let us know when you begin again! Have a wonderful break. Taking care of yourself is a good thing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Danifer - I hear you. Blogging can easily get out of hand and begin to consume our lives. It's finding that balance that's hard to do. By stepping away for awhile it will give you time to reflect and concentrate on that which is the most important - YOU.

Enjoy your break. I hope you see you again soon.

Anonymous said...

oh enjoy your break. i'm on one too, first from EntreCard, I will keep blogging at least once a week or every 10 days. i'm getting a lot of house work done though.

enjoy.

Michelle W said...

Good luck to you. Hope to see you posting soon. I'll be back!

N2ATIVEONE said...

Thank you to everyone who has stopped by. I have noticed I am getting a lot more done without blogging, so it has been nice. I appreciate all of your support.

Anonymous said...

While I understand your feelings and agree it's important to take care or yourself, I encourage you to work through this, if you can.

I just feel that you love writing and hope you will keep at it. You have a strong voice, Jennifer. Don't silence it.

Regarding posting, consider turning off comments for awhile and just write from your heart. Remember, you can always delete a post.

If you really don't want to deal with posting, write in a journal and don't censor anything. Just keep writing, kiddo:~)

Jenny said...

Hi. I was just surfing around some blogs, and I came across yours. It's pretty nifty and I'm really enjoying my stay here. I've bookmarked your site for daily visits, and I hope you'll visit me. I'd love to have you. :) Have a great day and I'll see you around the blogosphere. :)

N2ATIVEONE said...

Hi Jenny. Thanks for visiting, see you out in the blogosphere.