Thursday, October 30, 2008

Movie Review - Running Scared


I have to admit, I rented this movie because of Paul Walker, and I was very glad that I did. Running Scared kept my attention all the way through. It was one of those movies that starts at the end and then goes backward 18 hours, so you know (or you think you know) how it ends. It is set in either New York or Chicago and has that dark, tense, mob-type feel about it.



At the beginning, the scenes are shot in an unusual way and if you have ever seen CSI, you will know what I am talking about. Specifically, when the bullet shoots through the house from the neighbor’s house, they shoot the scene in slow motion, doing possible scenarios of how it could have happened, versus the final outcome (very interesting). This is the first time that I have seen Walker play this kind of gruff, violent, tough guy, but he is still believable as the “good guy”. The supporting characters do a great job as well, with bad guys that you love to hate – especially the child molesters.



The movie is based on a continuous pursuit of a missing gun that keeps falling into the hands of yet another person that Walker has to catch up with. There are some graphic scenes (blood and nudity) and lots of profanity, but it wasn’t bad enough that I had to hide my eyes or cover my ears. In closing, the last five minutes of the movie left me with varied emotions, and to me, that is the sign of a good movie.

4 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

I think I totally have to rent that for the Hubby and me tomorrow.

So glad you did not spell out the ending, but good to know a twist will probably come.

Nudity - I'm there this weekend, sending the kid off for a sleep- over - yes!! Bring on the luv. SOrry, TMI.

N2ATIVEONE said...

Jannie,

You are TOO funny!!! You made me laugh. I hope that you like the movie. Oh, and have fun with the hubby :) lol

Daniel said...

Paul Walker huh?? Good thing I look somewhat like him. At least I think I do LOL

love you beautiful!

N2ATIVEONE said...

Oh yes, Dan, you are almost Paul's twin. But you are much better looking :)

Love you too sweetie.