Sunday, October 5, 2008

The White, Construction Hat


Have you ever had a day where something small and insignificant keeps popping up? Maybe a particular word that seems to be used in excess by everyone you talk to? How about a song? Don't you sometimes hear a song from the past that you haven't heard for years and then all of a sudden, you hear it 2-3 times in one day?

Yesterday, I was driving along the 303 highway and saw a white, construction hat. You know, one of those hard hats that people wear when they are working a construction job? I saw it just laying on the side of the road, next to a field, all alone. My mind started thinking about why someone would forget the hat. Didn't they notice that it fell to the ground from their head? Why wouldn't they pick it up? The likely hood is that it fell from their work truck, just tumbled out as if to say, "I am gonna stay here! See ya around." I realized I was done thinking about the stupid, white hat. Until.....later in the day.

I was driving along the I-17 freeway, and what did I see? A white, construction hat! Was it the same hat? Did it get up and find it's way across town? What's with this hat? It's one of those things that makes you go, "Hmmmmmm....."

No comments: