Monday, November 24, 2008

Okay, So I Am Jumping On The Bandwagon


Okay, so I am jumping on the bandwagon and reviewing the Twilight movie. I know, everyone and their brother is either raving or ranting about this movie. "It's not like the book - I hated it," some say. Others, like myself, did not read the book so they "loved it". And lastly, there were those who liked both the book and the movie. I did not know what to expect, so I was pleasantly pleased. I liked everything about this movie. I am not going to go into a full review, since it is really being over done. Let's just say that I will buy it when it comes out.

As I mentioned, some are saying the movie is not as good as the book. I admit, books are ALWAYS better, no matter what. Books allow you to get in tune with the character's inner being, their thoughts, dreams and fears. Movies have a harder time portraying that. Many try, but it is just not the same. Now, don't get me wrong, after I see a movie I like, the vibe from the movie stays with me for the rest of the day. However, with books, you have a sense of longing after a book ends. You miss the characters and wish there was more. When there is a sequel you become very excited. Movie sequels are rarely as good as the originals.

What do you think?

1. Has there been a book/movie sequel that you have liked as much if not better than the original?

2. What books or movies do you wish would have a sequel?



6 comments:

*Lindsey* said...

You know what?! I loved "Return To Snowy River", the sequal to "The Man From Snowy River" better. Probably the only sequal I can think of that I liked better.

Jannie Funster said...

Shrek Two!! (Movie) Sequel.

Tehone I wish would have a sequel woudl be Finding Nemo - freaking great show, but I'm not sure where they could go with it.

Daniel said...

I have not read the book. Mostly because you are reading it ow and you wond give it to me. If Sedona says its good and you loved the movie than its worth reading and will. I also have not seen the movie. You said that the Love story is great and all I know is that if its half as great as the love sotory that i have with you in my life its the best movie ever. I LOVE YOU BEAUTIFUL!!!!

N2ATIVEONE said...

My Dearest Daniel,

You are so sweet. I love you. I will take you to see the movie, we need a date night.

N2ATIVEONE said...

Linz,

I don't remember those movies. I know I probably saw them at some time. I agree, it's hard to find a sequel that is better than the original. Although, Final Destination 3 was better than the 2nd but not better than the first.

N2ATIVEONE said...

Jannie,

Finding Nemo would be a great sequel. Pixar makes great movies, they would be able to come up with something to make the second be just as good as the first.