Saturday, November 8, 2008

Anjana The Chimp


I saw the cutest story on the internet about Anjana the Chimp. Apparently, Anjana is a two year old, female chimp who lives at The Institute of Greatly Endangered & Rare Species, in Myrtle Beach, SC. Anjana has been mimicking her caretaker, China York and began mothering two newborn White Tigers.


Anjana not only lies with the baby tigers but she also helps with feeding them their bottles. The chimp is well known for helping out with tiny lions and leopards from the institute. As you can see from the pictures, Anjana is full of personality and loves being a surrogate mom to her fellow roommates.



I just think this is the neatest story!!! It appears that these photos were taken by someone named Barry Bland. The story, along with the pictures are being shown throughout the internet.




10 comments:

Vered said...

It's an amazing story!

N2ATIVEONE said...

Vered,

I thought so too. I would love to meet this chimp, she sounds so sweet. I remember a time I sat at the zoo for hours watching chimps and seeing how much they were like humans. It was very entertaining.

Jannie Funster said...

The chimp is cute yes but I want that little tiger for my pet!

N2ATIVEONE said...

Jannie,
The tiger is a cutie, until it gets about 300+ pounds and wants to eat you for dinner - lol

Millennium Housewife said...

Anjana looks just like my little boy! Same stance, same animated face, same joy in giving. Beautiful! Thanks x

N2ATIVEONE said...

Millennium Housewife:

:) Well, then your little boy is adorable I am sure. May they never grow up.

Daniel said...

Very interesting story. I see how great monkey can be now.

CAN WE HAVE A MONKEY??

please

I love you beautiful!!

N2ATIVEONE said...

Dan,

Sure, let's get one! That sounds fun. But you have to clean up the poop, bathe the monkey and feed it. Do we have a deal?

I love you too, sweetness.

Aleta said...

If that doesn't warm the heart. How precious! I haven't seen this story. Thanks for sharing it!

N2ATIVEONE said...

Aleta,
I saw this story in a magazine and I thought that it was one of those "feel good" stories, so I wanted to share it. There are too many stories out there about bad stuff.

Thanks for saying Hi.